Monday 13 February 2012

Facebook - Is it just me?

I just don't understand Facebook.  I've tried, honest.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that it appeals to people as a way to keep in touch, share photos etc etc etc - I just don't understand how it works.

Not entirely sure how to post messages - which ones are private and which ones I am announcing to the world.
I thanked someone yesterday for the birthday wishes they sent to me and apparently they 'liked' that - which is nice, but I still don't get it.

My very dear friend*, who lives overseas and communicates with me entirely by email and dreams (another story), has tried, with infinite patience, to explain it all to me.

But I still don't get it.

That said, my bestest ever Aunt just contacted me via Facebook and we haven't been in touch for many, many years.
 
That I get   :-)

*(She has a blog - it's lucid and funny and she totally gets Facebook, Blogging etc etc http://weezafish.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool about your Aunt, and it's all you need to 'get' about FB. Now remember, messages are private, comments and wall posts etc are not :) Am I lucid?? That's good, right? Thanks hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what I mean? Infinitely patient :)

    ReplyDelete